Fishing for many people must be the preferred activity to carry out in their spare time, with the intention of relaxing while a fish take the bait and dinner is obtained by own hand. The thing is, without a good lure, getting a fish can take a great amount of time and even getting nothing despite the invested hours. This is when robotic swimming lures come at best solution for swim baits, taking advantage of different technologies to get as many fish as possible in less time.
But, what are exactly robotic swimming lures? Are they better than traditional baits? Let’s address their concept, characteristics, pros and distinct available models on the market to compare their benefits and every use case.
What is a robotic swimming lure?
Specifically, a robotic swimming lure is a special type of fishing bait that is different to the traditional ones, incorporating technologies and devices that make them more efficient in their purpose of getting fish faster and better.
For example, with their self-propelling features thanks to a motor, as well as including lights, vibration and an irregular swimming pattern and a battery to feed all of these elements, these robotic swimming lures mimic how fish swim and therefore call attention better.
This increases the success rate respecting fishing by a lot in comparison to traditional swim baits, since these do not involve any device or tool to help to catch fish’s attention and be able to get prey faster, as the robotic ones do which can also be known as animated lure, robot fishing lure, automated swimming lure and more.
Characteristics of Robotic Swimming Lures and how they work
In order to mimic the movement of a real fish or live bait, robotic swimming lures involve a series of characteristics, features and internal components that make fishing more compelling and easier than before.
Every robotic or automated swimming lure includes a motor that allows it to be self-propelled in the water, moving around in a patterned fashion that imitates fish swimming. This motor also provides vibration to make the movement more natural and a light that call attention of possible preys around.
In order to function and move automatically underwater, robotic swimming lures have a built-in battery that according to the different models, they can last from 1 hour to 2 complete hours. Such battery can be charged using the USB port on the lure. The use of the swim bait is actually very simple: introduce the lure inside the water and will start working in 5 seconds, stopping completely when it is pulled out.
Types and Sizes of Robotic Swimming Lures
In the same way traditional lures can be found in different types and sizes, there are distinct classes and sorts of robotic swimming lures that can be picked according to the fisher’s needs and personal preference.
When it comes to types, there are lures that are known differently respecting characteristics, size and purpose. While minnows are for smaller fish as the same as it happens with the swim baits, jigs and jerk baits are designed for bigger specimens.
Regarding size, length and weight, this automates lures come in many models and starting in the 3.9 inches and reaching up to 5.3 inches, with weight that starts in the 25 grams and go all the way to 54 grams. Again, types and sizes of the lures depend on personal preference, style and type of fish.
Pros and Cons of the Robotic Swimming Lures
There are many benefits offered by the robotic swimming lures in any of the models available, and just a few cons that actually are not dealbreakers. In terms of advantages, there are:
- Mimicking real live bait, these lures increase the success rate respecting fishing in less time.
- Patterned movement.
- Light and vibration to call fishes´ attention.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Automatic functioning when getting into and out of water.
- Different types and sizes available.
- No special knowledge needed to manage the lure.
Some disadvantages respecting robotic swimming lures, just to name a few:
- Its function depends on battery, so if it runs out the robotic swimming becomes a traditional bait.
- The need to carry a cable for charging.
- Caring and cleaning are imperative to keep the lure working properly.
Robotic Swimming Lures: Available Models and their Features
Here are some available models of robotic swimming lures and their specific characteristics, as great options in different styles and personal preferences at the moment of going fishing:
1. Animated Lure Fishing Swim bait
Perfect choice to carry around in the tackle box. Once in the water, this bait will do all the job and will not stop working until it gets out of the water, attracting all fish around. Specs are:
- Built-in battery with up to 60 minutes of autonomy between charges.
- Propeller on the front of the lure for better movement pattern.
- 13 cm in length and 35 grams in weight.
- Completely autonomous operation: Automatic on and off when submerged and out of the water.
- Possibility to get the lure with extra side propellers.
2. Robotic Vibrating Lure 5”
This is a minnow-class robotic lure that is shinny and has a light to get fish faster and bigger ones, as well as the same time vibrates. This lure that comes in different styles is 5-inches and stands out because of its battery endurance. Detailed specifications below:
- Size: 13 cm or 5-inches length and a weight of 26 grams.
- Impressive battery autonomy: Up to 12 hours straight functioning underwater.
- Buzzing flashing and life-like model with high quality body and realistic eyes.
- Slow sinking-jerking approach.
- Powerful propeller.
- Autonomous function turning on and turning off when in and out of the water.
3. Kachawoo Robotic Swimming Lure
This is a robotic lure designed to obtain bass fish and other big ones as well, with two hooks and a sectioned body for better swimming technique and similar to the fish. Perfect for saltwater and with a high resolution built, this is the perfect lure: Features above:
- Sectioned body in 4 different parts and flexible construction for real live bait swimming.
- LED light built-in.
- Perfect for saltwater. Resistant.
- Up to 1.5 hours of battery life.
- Size: 5.5 inches in length and 100 grams in weight.
- Ideal for bass and large fish.
[cluster posts=”68,71,40,29,60,34″ order=”DESC”]